Tuesday, March 27, 2012

mots usuels - 1ière, 2ième, 3ième


Whether or not the use of grade level word groups or families for teaching reading and spelling is pedagogically sound is something I continue to consider.  For now here they are, we use them.  They are useful for remediation.  Grades 2 and 3 are not yet in sound families or any logical groupings (which kind of seems strange but these are the district lists we have).  I have ordered the grade 1 list into a sequence and into sound groupings that make sense to me.

Does your school district suggest a list of benchmark words for reading and spelling in French Immersion?


The coolest part is that the size of the flashcards is perfect for sliding into the library checkout envelopes that I stuck onto our 'Work With Words' kits posted here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mots usuels for grades 1. Have you organized this also for the grade 2 and 3 lists? Just curious.
    thank you, amazing resources as always.

    ReplyDelete